Friday, September 26, 2008

A Change

This is my favorite time of year. I love that when it gets colder I have to wear layers- we all look good in layers. I love being reminded during the fall that we are on a cycle, that we will once again see everything go to sleep only to be awakened fresh and new in the spring. I thought to myself on my way home as I was basically running through the rain without an umbrella, "Am I happy?" And my answer was yes. And then I asked myself, "Am I satisfied?" And my answer was no. I slowed my pace at that point and allowed myself to realize that although the world around me might be scarier than it had been before, the sun will continue to rise and set whether I worry about it or not.
I am happy and unsatisfied. That made me laugh. And as I turned the corner of my street I followed behind two older people with plastic grocery bags on their heads and I laughed out loud. If there is something, anything to smile about, allow yourself that. And if you want to laugh out loud- do it.

No comments: