Saturday, March 8, 2008

Come On

I know I'm a little late when it comes to the "red phone" hoopla, but alas I do not have a TV so I had not seen the video until I decided I had read enough articles where it was referenced, but not fully explained that I promptly headed to You Tube to catch myself up.
I am a Democrat, and usually proud to make that statement. After watching this video I am all riled up and angry. Come on Hillary! The Hollywood voice over guy predicting impending doom, the ominous phone that continually rings and the incessant reference to the safety of the children all in the attempt to say, "You won't be safe in America if anyone else is running the country. Vote for me." This is disgusting. Why are we seeing something straight from the Bush/Cheney playbook? The politics of fear only weakens us as a party, but more importantly divides us as a people. We take it up and we are no better than that which we hope to replace. Regardless of who becomes president it is so important for us as Americans to be able to turn the page of history away from fear and cynicism and toward the brighter future that we can attain only through hope and cohesiveness. This ad is embarrassing.

No comments: