Monday, December 3, 2007

Unsilent Night

How cool is this? Phil Kline an Akron, Ohio native (yep, good, creative people come from Akron- Ohio, it's the heart of it all, you know!) who has lived in NYC for quite some time came up with a concept of Unsilent Night. I read about it on Charissa's blog, and went to find out more information. Anyway, on December 15, 2007 thousands of people will descend on Washington Square Park carrying their boom boxes with them. When they arrive they will pick up their reserved copy of a cassette (yes, I said cassette) and when Phil Kline directs them to do so they will press play at the same time and a symphony will burst forth. Sound cool? I thought so. I emailed to reserve my cassette. Now I'm off to check to make sure my tape deck still works and how many batteries will be required.

No comments: