Tuesday, October 23, 2007

28 Days till 30-1979

This is a hard year to try to relate to my life. I turned just two at the end of this year and it's before I can remember. I read the entire listing on Wikipedia for the year 1979 and nothing struck me as something relatable. I think I could push it and talk about the problems in Iran at the end of the decade and how they so closely relate to what is going on now, but in truth it has little to do with me directly. I wish I could reach inside the brains of my family and extricate a moment; maybe the moment I learned to walk that year or the moment I learned to talk in sentences. As the youngest of four in what I can only assume was not the happiest of homes, there is and was no baby book for me to reference. This is not to say, pity me, but more just one of those times I wish I knew. How was my mom feeling and was it tough for the others with the fighting? Not things I would expect in my baby book, but things I'm curious about.

No comments: