Monday, October 22, 2007

29 days till 30- 1978

1978. Just 26 days into my first full year and "The Great Blizzard of 1978" strikes the Ohio Valley and the Great Lakes. Yes, I know that I was not really aware of the weather, but these formative years where I don't specifically remember something happening are going to be difficult to explain how it made an impact on my life. The only thing I can say is that we were snowed in and it was dreadfully cold. My mom probably held me while playing board games with the boys and watching Jen play with her dolls- you know, just the regular "Leave it to Beaver" household during a once in a lifetime winter storm. Just call my mom June Cleaver. Ok, it's my life and I'm allowed to make stuff up when I don't have a clue what really happened. Everyone else seems to do that, I'll just join in on the fun. Anyway, I tend to be a force of nature so I thought it was appropriate that I was just three months old when the "Blizzard of Legend (I found this reference on Wikipedia)" struck just outside my cosy home.

2 comments:

jpb2525 said...

I remember that we were off school for like 2 weeks. The wind was terrifying and the snow was so deep that we had to get out through the garage. Oh, and our neighbors had to stay with us because their heat went out. It was a very interesting time for sure.

Jodi said...

Thanks for that John. It's the type of response I'm looking for. It fills in the gaps...