Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ten on Tuesday!- Birthday Edition

1. It was my birthday today! Thank you to everyone who called, emailed, Facebooked and generally made me feel special today!
2. I wanted to get a massage today, but alas they didn't have time to fit me in- that was a first! I shall try again tomorrow.
3. Joanne took me to an impromptu lunch at Republic because my previous lunch date cancelled because of the flu. (I hope you feel better, Jaz!!!!) It was great of Joanne to come to the city just so I wouldn't have to have lunch alone!
4. As my family is SUPER competitive, the first person to call me today to wish me Happy Birthday was......

DRUMROLL...

....

O'Delle! He called just after 7am and sang to me!
5. Jenny was the first sibling, followed by Jimmy and then John.
6. Dad called last night a little confused about the date!
7. I am so excited about my show this weekend!
8. Two married couples that are regulars at my bar have already made reservations and are coming- I think that's super cool!
9. Rissa's coming from Baltimore, Jim is coming from DC and John and Steve are coming from Chicago.
10. My mom isn't gonna be able to make it. She fell at work two weeks ago and broke her right shoulder and chipped her kneecap. So, it just means that I'll have to do this again soon so she can come! (BTW- does anyone who is coming have a video camera? I would love to record it for mom and it would be cool to add clips to my website!)
11. (I know Ten on Tuesday, but it's my birthday, so I'm adding a bonus round!) I'm listed in Time Out New York this week!!!

6 comments:

Marie said...

i KNEW it was your birthday, but i totally got sidetracted with major mouse drama. i know, no excuse...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Jim-the Classical Liberal (Views from the Right) said...

Jojo...

I am coming from the Commonwealth of Virginia (in fact, the very red part) not the People's Republic of DC! Please, do not paint me as an "inside the beltway" person! ;-)

Happy birthday, sis!

Jodi said...

Considering you are leaving from work in DC, you are coming from the liberal bastion of DC. Sorry Jim! I know as you get closer to NYC you might want to tap your heels together and say, "There's no place like home! There's no place like home!" But don't worry us liberal eastern elites will do our best to take care of you! I'm just Not going to make you eggs this time! HEHE!!

jpb2525 said...

Can't wait to see you this weekend! and BTW, Really? I was the LAST to call you? Well, no suprise - I am still sitting on Jimmy's birthday card and Jenny's birthday card....they are on the dinning room table - I don't have stamps! Who goes to the post office anymore????

Cassie said...

Jodi, happy birthday. I love you so much. I SOOOO WISH I could be there to watch you Wow the crowd this weekend. I sure hope someone has a video camera! Break a Leg!

Charissa said...

YOU WERE SO GOOD. I was so honored to share this weekend with you - you are amazing. In your honor, this week in Jodi Beck Week on my blog. Love you. :)