Monday, July 28, 2008

I Care Too Much

I know I haven't spoken much about my new job- I don't particularly like it. Ok, why dance around it? I really don't care for this job. I'm waiting tables at a restaurant that is closed on the weekend. That's what I like- the weekends free to feel like a somewhat normal human being (and spend time with OB). But, I don't think there will ever be a waiting job that I love- it's not who I am. I am an actress that finds herself waiting tables at the moment (this very long moment). The unfortunate thing is that I care too much about all the bullS&^t that happens. Caring about it is a waste of my time and I am well aware of the amount of time it consumes my thoughts and generally pisses me off. The real problem is that I'm a fixer and a perfectionist- there is a problem, I see a clear cut solution and when those around me don't see it or add to the problem I get frustrated. I need to remind myself that not everyone thinks like I do, it is not my responsibility to make everything alright, and I am paid way too little money an hour ($4.75, plus tips, of course) to care as much as I do. So, I am on a quest to go to work for the rest of the week and only do my job to the best of my ability and let all the other stuff go- I will not join in the complaining and I WILL NOT tell my friends at work what could or should be done to make things better. I hope this works. To be continued...

1 comment:

jpb2525 said...

....I hear ya! I am really considering becomming a life coach (so that I can 'care' and get paid....!) I am in the beginning stages right now! But I think its a great philosophy!