Friday, April 4, 2008

Why

I'm sure you are wondering why I have not written my blog since Tuesday, considering I have been sitting behind a desk and surfing the net for the last week. Well, it is a solid question, and I am going to attempt to answer it.
Why?
Sitting behind a desk and surfing the internet doesn't give me much to think about intellectually. Really my day is filled with thoughts of, "I wonder what kind of lunch is going to be in the kitchen?"- see there is a fully stocked kitchen on each floor and then people order food for meetings and all the extra ends up in the kitchen. Of course, I'm thinking of lunch as I am pouring myself a bowl of cereal from the 15 or so choices in the cabinet. And then, I am plotting out my trips to the bathroom (mostly because I drank too much coffee)- the only time I leave the desk, unless I am going to the kitchen. I have to say- I have shown great restraint. The only cereals I've allowed myself to have are Fiber One, Cracklin'Oat Bran, and Quaker Oat Squares. I try to stick with the salads and fruit for lunch. And I only allow myself water or coffee to drink. It's the dessert trays and the one person in this office who bought an unlimited supply of Girl Scout Cookies (Oh, Samoa's are sooooo good!!) that will kill you.
So, that's why. Don't worry, I'll return to being unemployed, broke, and thoughtful next week...

2 comments:

Charissa said...

I swear that all office jobs are not like this one. I work every second and don't even leave my desk for lunch - I plow through. I'm exhausted just thinking about Monday...

jpb2525 said...

Social Commentator. Enough said! Amazing sis...as always!