Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ten on Tuesday- Alright Wednesday...

1. I'm waiting tables again. On my first night back a man actually said this to me. He was having dinner with his wife and two adolescent children (a boy and a girl). "Oh my God, it's a girl. I've never had a girl wait on me here. I've been coming for years." I replied, "Yeah, I know there haven't been a lot of us. It is a physically demanding restaurant. I've worked here on and off for the last six years" (note to self that is an incredibly long time. note to self, again, I'll leave the restaurant's name out of the blog just in case they are listening). He replied, "I can't believe it." And then he leaned over to look at my ass and then looked straight at my breasts and said, "Are those real?" And then he laughed and laughed while his wife and children looked hopeless and I contained my urge to punch him in the face!
2. Ahhhh! The delites of serving the public again...
3. I am trying to remind myself that I am there to do a job. I am there to make money. There is no need to make friends or waste my energy getting upset at the stupid things that happen in a restaurant.
4. It is officially spring here. The cherry blossoms in my neighborhood have opened up!
5. My apartment is a mess again. I'm not sure how that happened so quickly.
6. My website is complete. At least for the moment. I changed the Contact page because it was getting on my nerves. I love the picture from Walt's Inn (thanks Rissa), but I couldn't figure out what was bothering me so much about that page. Then I realized, it looked like a Myspace page. I love my Yeungling, but it looked a little like a college kid's attempt at a contact page. I want to come across as more professional than that.
7. Is it April 22nd yet?
8. I am debating going to see the Pope. I haven't been a Catholic in 14 years, but I think it might be cool to see him. Then again, it might just be a really huge gathering of people that I can't wait to get out of...
9. I ate a donut today.
10. After reviewing this post I realized it's as up and down emotionally as I feel right now. I'm not sure if I want to laugh or cry. What to do in this situation? I'm going to take a shower and then take a quick nap before I head back into the city.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jodi, we don't punch the customers. we wither them with our eyes...and then we get a boy to drop a loogie in their fro ho.


come on!