Monday, April 21, 2008

Motivation

It is amazing to me how capable of getting up early I am if I have to be at work and/or someone is counting on me, but if I have to get up for my own purposes or for an audition somehow my brain thinks it is optional and I hit the snooze and go back to sleep. I worked last night and didn't get home until after one and then I had to be up for work at my temp job at six this morning. I have to admit that I did hit the snooze once, but not getting out of bed was not an option. I want to be more self motivated, but in an industry where you often only answer to yourself, I'm not sure how to accomplish this. I need to change the way I think which is never an easy prospect. I put more emphasis on how others view me or my performance rather than demanding the best from myself purely because I want to be the best that I can. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I stand in a room pouring out my heart for two minutes hoping that they will like me enough to call me back. I need to take back some of the control I have handed over. My happiness and my success lie in my hands and mind and it is important. I will take better care to put myself first. Easy to say, harder to do, but I'm worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you my tough on herself shiny is bright girl. you know who