Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ten On Tuesdays

1. I have not packed yet for Barbados and I leave tomorrow morning- early. I really shouldn't be writing this but I couldn't help myself.
2. Tanning went well. I went three times and I didn't get burnt or get any sun poisoning or rash. Here's to five days in the sun with this continued success.
3. I was training at a new company for the last two days. I can't tell you about it because it is a private company. This brings me a tinge of sadness because I have so many observations....
4. I kind of like the business atmosphere. I fit into it well, but I am sure the novelty will wear off as the days go by and the monotony sets in.
5. I was thinking about escalators. They are a huge environmental waste. I was in Macy's last night and I realized as I was standing behind a lazy person who wouldn't walk up the escalator that they are always on. (I read in Time that England started a campaign to get people to walk up the escalators instead of just riding them to increase heart rate and to promote healthy living- I thought it was a great idea and so if I have to take the escalator then I always walk up. FYI- the Tube is notorious for having the trains stories below the ground so walking up the escalators is a pretty big commitment). Anyway, someone (me) should come up with a motion/human activated escalator. Just think how many escalators run all day and night and how often they are carrying no passengers.
6. I like a revolving door. I especially like it when someone is entering the opposite side at the same time as me. We are helping each other to get somewhere. It's a brief communal experience.
7. Have I mentioned that I am going to Barbados???!!!!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it.
8. Charissa is doing the "Eat everything in your cupboard before going shopping again" thing. I really want to try it, so maybe when I get back. I'm sure it saves some money, but I'm also sure that you have to eat food which is questionable in either nutrition or age. It will make me ask the questions, "What bizarre mood was I in when I bought that?" and "What can I possibly cook this with to make it edible?"
9. I bought two books for the trip: Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
10. OB bought the CD of Hal Holbrook's staging of Mark Twain's stage appearances. It's super cool and I think Hal Holbrook is brilliant. The disc set came with a Mark Twain sayings daily calender and when I was at Border's looking for vacation reading I saw Huckleberry Finn and knew I had to read it again. It has been since the ninth grade and I loved it. I can't wait to love it again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had the experience in the revolving door many times and I realize how much I like when two people get there together. I never quite thought of it the way you do but I like it. I say go for the ecologically developed escalator. What a great idea. Oh and I want to go to Barbados too but will wait to see your pics when you return. Mom

Charissa said...

BE SAFE!!! I love you so much!!

jpb2525 said...

Have a great trip (Me:jealous). I seriously love your basic yet profound observations - I am so serious about you doing some real writing....YOU HAVE THE GIFT!