Saturday, November 17, 2007

2 Days till 30- 2005

I gave myself acid reflux. I had a decision to make and I didn't have any idea how to go about it. It consumed me the majority of this year. I am a problem solver by nature, but I had come to a place where the problem to be solved was not mine alone, but the decision to solve it had become mine. It was a lonely place to be. Lucky for me I had wonderful success in theatre this year. Beginning in May I worked almost straight through to the end of the year. I met some amazing people during my travels and once again learned a tremendous amount about myself. I played Laverne in Sisters of Swing upstate New York near Lake Canandagua. It was a beautiful place to spend the early part of the summer. It was the first time that I had ever lived with a host family. I had my own room in this beautiful pre- Civil War home. It sat on the edge of town right next to a winery and I would wake up early in the morning to jog past all the grape vines. It was good to clear my head and begin my day like this. I came home for a month and then set off for Florida to do La Mancha again and a Christmas show. This was a crazy time that was a ton of fun, but with its own set of obstacles. We had two people leave the cast of La Mancha within the first two weeks of opening and then we had Hurricane Wilma. The apartment that I was in lost power for over a week. We spent that time all crammed into the few apartments that did have electricity. In crazy times there is an opportunity to bond with those around you and that's exactly what happened. Karrah Tines and I became great friends and we had such a great time together. I was spending Christmas away from my family so it was important that I had the support of good friends around me. We had two sold out shows on Christmas day and then we packed up to leave the next morning. I was heading to Ohio to be with my family. The new year came without the problem being solved, but I was closer to making a choice...

No comments: