Tuesday, November 6, 2007

12 Days till 30- 1995

I choreographed the All High School Musical South Pacific, starring BJ Taylor and Marie Willis (Taylor) as Emile and Nelly. They were fabulous and as for me I undertook a huge project and came out of it okay. I was really proud to have someone believe that I could take this on and succeed. I really appreciated Mr. Stephen for all that he did for me through high school. I had some rough spots and he really was always truly supportive.
During the summer on June 29th, my nephew Danny was born!
At the other end of the year, 17 days before my 18th birthday I was on my way to school driving my stylin' 1984 two-tone brown Ford LTD that had been my great Aunt Mary's. The car was kind of embarrassing, but it got me where I needed to go. It was huge and it only had an AM radio and an eight-track player. Anyway, as I turned the corner to head on to the main road to school I slipped on some ice and headed into oncoming traffic. I was hit head on by someone going close to full speed. Thank God for the huge car! I remember before he hit me that I thought I hope I didn't kill someone and then all I saw was the hood of my car in the windshield. I unbuckled my seat belt to check if the other person was okay and realized I could barely stand. A man came up to me and asked me if I was okay and I started crying and asking for my mother. I gave him my driver's license and he ran down the street to the house to get her. The worst part besides being injured was the fact that all the school traffic had to be rerouted because the accident was blocking the street. I was put onto a stretcher and taken to the hospital. It was awful. And on top of that a boy named Brian who had liked me for a long time started a rumor that I had gotten in the accident because I was fiddling with the radio. Don't worry, I set him straight when I made it back to school! So, I totalled a 1984 Ford LTD, quite a fete I'm told. I was saved by my seat belt and the enormity of the car I was in. The other driver was fine. I pulled the muscles between my shoulder blades and I was on muscle relaxers for awhile.
The end of the year ended extremely well, though! I went to Disney World in Florida for the first time with ETC All American Youth Show Choir. I was so excited to see palm trees for the first time and to hug Mickey whose birthday is also the 18th of November!!! And to top it all off we got to perform and I got to sing a solo. I sang Let's Hear it for the Boy. After we performed we were going to spend the rest of the day in the park, but I had forgotten to pack a pair of shoes. It was funny to walk around Magic Kingdom in character shoes and shorts and looking for any place that sold shoes. I had to buy blue, canvas Reeboks and I remember them being the most expensive thing I had ever bought for myself. It was a great trip and a fabulous way to end the year!

1 comment:

Marie said...

tee hee-do you remember trying to teach me how to spot???