Sunday, October 28, 2007

23 Days till 30- 1984


I graduated from Kindergarten and I started the first grade at Indian Trail Elementary School this year. Mrs. Biggins was my teacher. It was a bit of an adjustment to go to public school after spending my days at Kathy's Preschool, but I loved school so it wasn't too difficult. I walked to school every morning with my sister Jenny and her best friend Karen who walked with us to school, but then took a bus to go to Holy Family. Every morning I would help making all our pack lunches and then mom would leave out the 20 cents for the milk we bought for lunch from school. Sometimes when she had time she would write a quick note on the napkin, so that when you opened your lunch you would find a word of encouragement from mom- yeah, she's pretty cool!

4 comments:

Charissa said...

You went to Indian Trail? How come when you lived closer to Woodland?

jpb2525 said...

wow, I never knew mom did that. That is awesome....I wish I had that....
Love ya
N

Jodi said...

Charissa-
Indian Trail is actually closer, I think. We walked to school.
John-
I thought she did it for all of us? Gonna have to ask her about that one. Maybe she created it after you stopped taking lunches. I do specifically remember her setting out the change for milk for all of us though.

Jim-the Classical Liberal (Views from the Right) said...

Jo!

I had Mrs. Biggins too, her first year of teaching. She began after school started (I was in one room for the first couple of weeks, then she was hired and I moved). This was in 1975/76. By the time you had her, she was a veteran! Boy, do I remember that walk every day.