Saturday, September 22, 2007

4. Pictures from the Coterie Tradeshow

I designed and made this frame. My boss was out of the office attending to another booth and I had to come up with the dimensions and the how to make it work. It is three dimensional and it is framing a LCD screen which played the designer's fashion show on a loop throughout the trade show.

I drew out this entire booth myself. It was exciting to see it go up. Five of us put it together on show site.
This is the final product. I got to actually go to the show on Wednesday. It was quite an experience. Ladies, if you ever don't think we matter, there is one business where we matter more than you know. All the designers/ wholesalers and the buyers were dressed so fabulously. It was like everyone stepped directly out of a magazine. And if you ever wonder what models do when they leave the business they go behind the scenes. I don't think I've ever felt so short. It was really cool to walk around and see all the clothes. Most of them will never even make it to the stores. It made me want to watch The Devil Wears Prada again! One woman looked me over from top to bottom and seemed to be approving of my fashion sense until she got to my shoes-
I was wearing flip flops...

No comments: