Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Ten on Tuesday

1. I need to buy a new pair of sneakers. I worked on my feet all day yesterday and my big toenail was hurting by the end of the day. I'm sure standing on an uncushioned concrete floor doesn't help.

2. I'm hoping that Mere, Jazmin and I can get together for dinner tonight. I love when we all hang out together.

3. Laughing in the morning is a great way to wake up!

4. I've decided that I'm not going to take that restaurant job. My gut told me no and I'm going to listen to it.

5. Working at Grigg Studio we talk throughout the day. We've been discussing the problem of entitlement that seems to pervade our society. I think that the accessibility of money (in the form of loans and credit cards) has something to do with it. When you use a credit card for things that you should be buying only if you have the money on hand, it gives a false sense of value that you didn't really work for. "Wow! He has the new iphone. He's cool." The unfortunate thing is that you probably couldn't afford it and it will sit on your credit card with all of your other materialistic things accruing interest and never really being paid off. Getting something for nothing. That's what entitlement is.

6. I'm kind of tired of the election already and I haven't even chosen who I want to vote for. More importantly, I'm tired of hearing how much money the candidates have. It makes me sick to my stomach to see so much money being thrown at these people when only one of them will win. I think the money would better serve us all if people decided to give to real charities. We might have rebuilt New Orleans by now if they got all this money instead of wasting it on the candidates for president. Most of the money will be spent on TV ads that don't give any real information.

7. Do you remember "lay-away?" I don't think it exists anymore. It was credit, without the credit. Once you paid for the merchandise, you got to take it home with you. Novel idea, right?

8. I signed up for a musical theatre audition workshop. It is four weeks long and I will end up with 8 new songs in my book!

9. I need to check if I can work out at any Bally's in the city. If I can it would be awesome because there is a gym near where I work and I could get a workout in during lunch. I've been kind of unmotivated when it comes to the gym these days and I need to find a better way to handle it.

10. I need to leave for work. I would rather go on writing all day. But, I am off to the land of foam-core and matte knives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As for #6--are you only looking on the one side (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs--Pretty, Rookie, Gloomy, Crazy, Forgery, Consado, and Doc aka: (in order) Clinton, Edwards,Obama, Dodd, Kucinich, Biden, Richardson, and Gravel), or are you looking on both?

Love you!
Jimmy

jpb2525 said...

Good to see you made your decision on the job....I know it was hard. Good luck with the musical class..(actually sounds like a lot of fun). I only wish I could have the kinds of conversations at my job that you do at yours - you are extremely lucky. As for Bally's you should be able to use your membership (unless its the cheeeeep one), have you heard they filed bankruptcy? Miss you.
N