Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Karoke, Tornadoes and Such

So last night I went out with Meredith and Monique after work. Jazmin couldn't come because a friend of hers was playing Glinda in Wicked on the Broadway as an understudy and she went to see her. (We really missed you, Jaz!!) Well, I met Mere and Monique at the Rogue Bar. They were comfortably on their second drink when I arrived and I tried to quickly catch them. We decided to stay there and ordered a few appetizers to share for dinner. Then, it turned out that it was Karaoke night. All I have to say is that Monique is absolutely amazing. Every time that she got up to sing I thought that I might scream because she was so good. We ended up staying a lot later than I think any of us planned and we probably drank a little more than we planned too. So, we finally left the bar after 11pm and we all headed in multiple directions. Mere to Jackson Heights, Monique to Astoria, and me to Brooklyn (Jazmin is currently sleeping in my bed until the My Fair Lady tour goes out). And what should happen while I slept in good ol' Brooklyn? Yep, you guessed it a tornado set down. For those of you who do not know, I have a way of having bad weather cross my path.
2001- Tropical Storm Allison- Houston/ Galveston floods- working in Galveston
2003- Hurricane Irene(?)- North Carolina- working in Raleigh, Good ol' Girls tour throughout the southwest to follow
2004- Hurricane Charley- Ft. Myers Florida- working there playing Rizzo in Grease
2004- Hurricane Ivan- Ft. Myers, Florida- returned to play Liza in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
2005- Hurricane Wilma- Ft. Myers, Florida- played Aldonza in Man of La Mancha
2007- Tornado in Brooklyn, NY- staying there for a month...
Kind of crazy, right??
But, this morning's commute was dreadful. I have never experienced anything like it in my six years here. It took me two and a half hours to get into the city. It took a co-worker of mine coming from the Bronx over four hours. I hope I get an acting gig somewhere outside the hurricane zone soon!

No comments: