Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Back to Life

Well, my time off is over. I am so thankful that I was able to take so much time off for myself. I was able to visit with my family (not as much as I would have liked- sorry, John I never made it to see your new house), visit with friends, and experience life just for me for awhile. I realized that by working second shift while I'm in the city I haven't been able to really experience life here the way I would like to. I am interviewing for a new job today (cross your fingers) that may not be as much money as I'm used to, but if it gives me back my sanity I'll be happy. I need to have a job that is flexible so I can go to auditions, but that I can also work during the day sometimes and have some weekends off. I hope that this restaurant works out. We'll see.

I hope that I will be able to continue blogging as much as I have, but with starting a new job and the audition season picking up it might be difficult. I have grown to love it though. It kind of began as a chore, but I have come to see the benefit to myself, my friends, and my loved ones. I think it's great that I have a place all my own to record parts of my life and my thoughts. It has given me a perspective about life and change. I think it's cool that when I Google myself now, so much of me comes up. "Jodi Beck" is not an uncommon name. Actor's Equity (my union) requires that only one person has each name, so it belongs to me in a way that is unique. I'm thinking that I may have it legally changed. It's something I have thought a lot about because my legal name hasn't been me really ever. I have always been Jodi Beck and it's real to me. I love my family to pieces, but it's weird that so many of us were named one thing and then called something else. It's enough to give a person an identity crisis. My Uncle Tim= Louis, my Uncle Ted= Lester, my grandma Rita(which was her middle name)= Mary, my mom's Joyce(which was her middle name, she did have it legally changed)= Ann, and me, Jodi= Joyce. Did that succeed in confusing you? Maybe I'll hold a contest to come up with a middle name. Mom, I'd of course give your ideas extra points! That would be fun, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's the job?

Anonymous said...

Jodi--

Just remember why your name was chosen...

Joyce--after your maternal grandomother's mother Grandma Toupin (her maiden name was Joyce)

and Leslie--after Grandpa Wolfgang (Lester)

Mom picked your name in honor of two very important people in her life...have you discussed this with her?

Love you...