Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Ten on Tuesdays (+ 14)- Jamaica Edition

So I tried to only chose ten pictures from Jamaica for "Ten on Tuesday," but I found it impossible. We took almost 400 pictures. These 24 represent some of our favorites. Enjoy!

This was a swing we found near our hotel in St. Thomas.

A fishing boat just off the beach near our hotel in St. Thomas.

OB and me riding around the neighborhood on Kirk's motorcycle.Don't you just love OB's water goggles?

In the rear view mirror.

Jerk Pork in Portland.

Kids hanging out near Lisa's bar. The little girl asked me if I was Chinese!

A sugar cane truck in St. Thomas. The leaves are all burnt off to get the insects off the cane before it is brought to the factory to be turned into sugar.

The black sand beach. (You can't really see that it is black, but I thought the picture was pretty!)

This is a stick OB found at the black sand beach. This is one of his favorite pictures.

I love this picture (OB took it!)

We had a downpour outside Ocho Rios. It was difficult to see and we had missed our turn. OB had to run up to talk to Kirk.

He was absolutely soaked when he got back in the car!

10.0!! That's me diving off the dock where our boat was waiting for some people to come back from Dunn's River Falls.

These are the Green Grotto Caves. They were really impressive and have an amazing history.

Rastafari- a sign on the path to the Bob Marley Mausoleum.

These trees were all over the island. I think it is the most beautiful tree I have ever seen.

Salt water lake located in Stinkville (that's the name Odelle came up with for the town- it looks pretty, but it smelled awful).

Our hands with our mangoes.

The view outside our hotel in St. Thomas.

OB's picture of the sky. It looks like a painting to me.

Me and a beautiful flower at Dunn's River Falls.

Odelle- the champion of the falls!

My movie star photo at Dunn's River Falls.

We made it to the top of the falls in one piece. This was one of the best days on a vacation of best days! We had so much fun!

3 comments:

Charissa said...

I LOVE the photos!!! Now tell me - why "OB"?

Jodi said...

OB are Odelle's initials. Most people call him OB. You can join the club if you'd like!

Cassie said...

Holy Cow those are some of the most amazing photos I have ever seen. I want to go with you and OB some day just to see what you saw. Very cool