Friday, July 13, 2007

Blog oh blog, why have I abandoned thee...

So sorry to my three regular readers. I have been busy this week. I wrote a Ten and Tuesdays that for some reason didn't publish and was not saved. It was sad and I didn't have time to retype it. I met Joanne on Tuesday for lunch at the Times Square Olive Garden (super ghetto, but cheap- Joanne, I hope Jordan doesn't read this. I know he says OG isn't real Italian). Then I got on the Chinatown bus to Baltimore for Charissa's 30th birthday. We had a blast and it was good to see all of her friends and hang out for an evening. We watched Wes and Drew play (if you're interested Charissa has many postings about these guys and it's worth it to check them out. They are a great duo). I came home Wednesday evening through a huge thunderstorm. The bus was breezing past semis on the highway, tossing up water from the road like it was nothing. I thought, "Oh God, I'm on that Chinatown bus. The one that ends up on the side of the road." So, what do I do in this situation? Sleep. I felt that way I wouldn't worry the whole way home and it would stop me from asking the driver to pull over so that I could get us all home in one piece. So, we arrived home a bit late and I had no umbrella. I resigned myself to walk in the rain and actually had fun getting soaked. I decided there was no need to be upset, it wasn't cold out and the rain felt refreshing. So, yesterday and today I have been shopping so that I am ready to go to Jamaica (we leave on Wednesday!). YEAHHH!!!! I'm getting super, super excited. I bought two new bathing suits at a crazy sale at Macy's today. I've never owned a Donna Karan anything and now I have a beautiful purple bikini (the top of the one pictured is what I have, but I have a regular bottom, not a skirt). The top was originally $72 and the bottom $60 and I got the whole thing for $30. Yeah, bargain shopping!!

3 comments:

Charissa said...

It was so awesome that you came down for my party. It is always great seeing you, but this was a special treat. That's for taking care of me - I love ya. :)

And I fully expect a postcard from Jamaica... even if you have to mail it to me when you get home. Are you tanning? If not, get 45+ SPF. Trust me. My pale butt FRIED and that was just in Florida.

jpb2525 said...

Hey jojo!

I was wondering if you were gonna do a post?! I am excited for you (going to Jamaica). I have always wanted to go.

Love ya,
N

Anonymous said...

Jojo--

They are all THAT Chinatown bus!

Love you...be safe in Jamaica!

Jimmy