Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Take Action against Hate Crimes

I know not a lot of people read my blog, but maybe there are more of you than I know. Anyway this is an important issue to me and I hope that you not only take the time to watch this short video, but if you agree to send a quick letter to your Senators through the Human Rights Campaign's website http://www.hrcactioncenter.org/campaign/fighthate_video You can write your own letter or use the letter they provide. Also by entering your zip code it automatically sends it to the correct representative or in this case Senators.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this!

Anonymous said...

You are right, it is so important. John sent it to me as well. I sent my letter! Jenny

Angie said...

Very good post Jodi. I will definitely be visiting the link. Like Antony said, thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

Isn't all violent crime a hate crime...why give different classifications to different people. If I beat up a hetero man and a gay man and I am homophobic (assuming anyone can know my thoughts), why should I be punished more for beating up the gay man?

Not a sermon, just a thought...