Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ever Sing to a Cat?

Well, regardless of how crazy it may make me sound, I have. And I have to say Stewie is the worst cat to bear your soul to. Last night I was having a mild breakdown where I realized it's been a year from the last show I did. All I wanted was Stewie to hang out with me on the couch (something he's not allowed to do) so that I could pet him. I thought it would help. Instead when I offered up a portion of the couch to him, he scratched me and the couch. Today I was dancing and singing to him and I swear he was looking at me like I was the crazy one. I have to say, I was silently hoping that he'd turn into Puss 'n Boots, stand on his hind legs and dance with me (and I also thought it would be really cool if he started singing like Antonio Banderas). So, how did I come to have this spirited cat in my home? Meredith moved in with me a few months ago and brought her cat along. Stewie was abused and starved before a friend of Mere's found him and made him "all better". (I think this person happened to be a veterinarian, but I think we all may have been better served if he were a cat shrink). Basically, what I'm trying to tell you is that Stewie's got issues. And, Meredith being the wonderful person she is felt that she could take him in and give him a loving home. Problem is, I don't think he understands love very well. He can be so mean sometimes. He will chase Mere around the apartment and then bite her leg. You can walk past him and he will lash out and scratch you. Now, I have to admit to everyone that before Stewie I had never had a pet unless you count the two fish I got on my sixteenth birthday that lived about two months. Ironically I named them Bill and Hillary. I should have realized they probably wouldn't last too long in the same fishbowl. I also have the privilege of being the daughter of a therapist who used to tell me stories of animals that would come out of the woods and talk to me. How does that relate, you ask? Well, I feel like I have this unique ability(by proxy) of diagnosing people's problems and to make it worse I think that I'm right most of the time. Because of the stories my mom told me, I think my ability also translates to animals. I think that Stewie is bipolar.

1 comment:

jpb2525 said...

Um. Mom told you that animals come out of the woods and talk to you? Are you sure you don't have a "thing?"