Tuesday, May 15, 2007

So Here Goes Nothing

So, I have to admit that I opened this blog about a month ago and haven't written because I figured that I would be committing myself to something I wasn't fully committed to. Crazy, right? Well, that's the world you're about to enter. The world of my crazy mind and my crazy life. I want to do a cabaret. I want to have something to say, and damn it, I want to be funny. Most of all, I want to sing for people in New York where I'm not confined to sixteen or thirty two bars within a two minute time frame. Just a note on the crazy: I have a three year old nephew Jonathan who has adjectives for each of his relatives. His daddy: handsome, mommy: beautiful, his brother, Christopher: cute, his gay Uncle John: fabulous (yeah, steroetypes are okay in my family and we start them early), and his actress Aunt Jodi (that would be me): Crazy. Kind of funny when coming out of a small child but when you really break it down, that's how people see me. And let's face it, my life is pretty crazy. I spend the majority of my time standing in line to audition for people who are going to see anywhere from 240 to three hundred other people in the day. Now, the audition is like a job interview, but I have two minutes to walk in there and open my heart, bear my soul and sing, and be different than the other 240 people waiting to do the same thing. If that's not crazy, how about the fact that I have spent at least an hour getting ready, doing my hair, my makeup, and getting dressed in a faboulous dress, heels and tights. I look ready to go out on the town, but it's only 1030 in the morning and I'm just gonna walk from the dressing room, hang out in the waiting area, socailize with my fellow actors, get in line and then walk in to the room in which I'll spend the fateful two minutes that the previous hours have made possible. Yep, Crazy... and that's just the beginning.

5 comments:

Charissa said...

I love it! Welcome to the blog-world, my friend. I miss you. Can't wait for you to come and visit. :)

Marie said...

YEA! so glad i get to read you :)
now if i would only update mine...

Anonymous said...

Hey there Jo-de-a what a great beginning and a good head shot too. Nice to read your blog and know you are ok.

Charissa's mom

Anonymous said...

Blogging is fun. But just like any hobby, if you don't do it all the time, you tend to forget about it. Like me. (I don't think I have updated my blog in over a year, but then again, my life is kinda boring).

Luv ya bunches!
Nonners

Ever Lighten said...

Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. custom woven patches