Friday, June 27, 2008

Calling All Readers!! *****(Amended)

Calling all readers of this blog (and in particular, those that know me) to give me suggestions for songs to sing at my Cabaret. I know, I know, I've been talking about doing this thing for so long you probably think it isn't ever going to happen, but it is. I started rehearsing with my friend Doug two weeks ago. I need material. It is so difficult to decide what to sing and I realized how daunting a task putting together an hour of music is. So, please, Please, PLEASE give me any suggestions no matter how silly or unlike me the songs might be. I don't mind learning new songs (they do not have to be musical theatre songs), in fact two of my favorite songs are two that I learned in the last few weeks! Also, if there is something that you remember me singing that you'd like to hear again, remind me of it. I have most likely forgotten it! And most importantly, if there is a song that you think I might do well- let me know!!! There of course is the added bonus of hearing me sing it in public if I choose it and you come to see me (which of course, you most definately willl!) And thanks in advance. ***** Doug also plays guitar and he's attempting to teach me (I have claws for hands!). We really want some songs that are accompanied by guitar, so any suggestions for that would be great too!

6 comments:

Marie said...

ooo when i get back into town i will start looking...but for a non-musical theatre song i would look at brandi carlile follow. great belter song for a rocking chick :)

oh and you could always do some phantom ;P

Jim-the Classical Liberal (Views from the Right) said...

How 'bout "Jodi-odi-odi-o"

;-)

Love ya, sis!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jodi, I love all your songs. How about Caberet? Also the song from Jekyl and Hyde? I don't know too many by name but what about some Whitney songs or Alicia Keyes. Somehow I feel like this will not be helpful but I love you and I am trying. You know who

Charissa said...

I'm so late posting, but maybe A Fine Frenzy? Or more theatre-like songs could be from Avenue Q (love it) or something from The Last Five Years?

Have you heard End of Love by Anna Abreu?

A weird twist might be Rilo Kiley or The Brand New Heavies...

Jodi said...

Charissa- you're not late, I really appreciate the suggestions. As for the previous post with no pics of OB and I, they were all taken on my sister's camera and she hasn't sent me any!!!

jpb2525 said...

gonna have to think about this one jodi! I will get back to you!