Monday, May 5, 2008

If you ever need encouragement...

My dad has been fighting an antibiotic resistant strain of an infection for over a year. It basically created a hole in his leg and has been the main reason he has moved in and out of the nursing home the last year. The doctors have been worried that the infection would end up in his bone and then be harder to treat. Well, last Friday his leg (from just below the knee) was amputated. I was working and unable to go home which is a regret but when I spoke with him on Saturday he was in amazingly good spirits. Guess I have no room to complain- and the glass is always half full. He reminded me of that.

3 comments:

Marie said...

jodi i am so sorry! hope he heals quickly.

Cassie said...

Jodi, I am sorry, do you know anything about this strain. My mother has the same thing

Anonymous said...

hey Jodi you are the greatest