Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ten (I mean 19) on Tuesday- Barbados Photo Story

Of course I couldn't pick just ten- I tried, but it was impossible. They are not in chronological order. Also, check back for the next chapters of our Bajan vacation. So, take a moment to see what we saw. Enjoy the view.
1. Ob's picture of the moss covered rocks on the beach at our hotel-
Silver Sands Resort, Christ Church Parrish.

2. The view from breakfast our last morning in Barbados from the Little Arches Hotel
on Miami Beach. It was a beautiful place.

3. Miami Beach, Barbados. Jeff's (the groom) mom lives around the corner from this spot.

4. OB enjoying the water.
The current was strong and the waves were pretty high.

5. Oh No- a shark?! This picture makes me laugh.
It looks like the guy on the boogie board is coming after me.

6. Just hanging out.

7. This was the view around the corner from our hotel.

8. Sunset. Beautiful. I can't say anything else.

9. Andrea's (the Bride) mom raises pigs in the country about an hour or so out of town in St. Joseph Parish.

10. I think he's smiling for the camera.

11. Ob's picture of the rocks on the beach just after sunset. He really has a keen eye for interesting subjects. There would be more pictures from this night except that my camera's battery died- Oops! (I almost ruined vacation).

12. The bride and groom as they make their entrance to the reception.

13. Me and Odelle outside the reception hall.

14. The ocean in the morning. It calms me.

15. I thought this was The George Washington House, which has an interesting history. It is the only place outside the US our first President ever visited. But after looking on the Internet I found that this was not that building. It was near the army barracks in Bridgetown, the capital city.

16. View from the Jeep. An old building in Bridgetown.

17. Banks Beer, the drink of choice on the island of Barbados.

18. Morning on the beach.

19. One last reminder of the magnitude and beauty of the world around us.

3 comments:

Charissa said...

I love the photos - and that dress you are wearing - just KILLER. :)

Anonymous said...

Jodi The pics are beautiful and I agree with Charisse about the dress. The colors in the pics are sooooooo beautiful and clear I loved them all. And it was great to ss OB too He is a sweetie. Love yah

Anonymous said...

Jodie! I miss you! Your pics on your site are beautiful! Love you!