Saturday, November 10, 2007

8 Days till 30- 1999

Well, I was cast for the summer at Cain Park in Bye Bye Birdie and Sideshow. It was a great time and my first professional theatre experience. Both Terri Kent (who directed Birdie) and Victoria Bussert (who directed Sideshow) rank extremely high for directors I've worked with. I played Gloria in Birdie and Violet's understudy and ensemble in Sideshow. This was also the summer that I was nicknamed "The Voice."

After the shows were over Craig and I went to Virginia to visit my brother and my Aunt Betty and Uncle Harry. That weekend he proposed to me on Virginia Beach. I was 21. I knew that it would be happening and I had a feeling that it would happen this weekend. Looking back, I was so sure of myself and thought that I knew my own mind and where I was going that there was no doubt this was the right thing. I said yes.

No comments: