Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ten on Tuesday

1. The naming contest is going well. I've gotten the most comments of any blog I've posted so far. Keep them coming. Also, if you have a blog and you want to add a link for the contest that would be great! I love my family (Charissa, you're like a member of the family), but it would be kind of cool to have some suggestions from people I don't know.

2. If there was a prize for most creative, Jim, you would be the winner so far. Twaleot, a little weird, but very creative!

3. I had the weirdest dream last night. I was walking/ driving down the street I grew up on, and as I drove down the street I noticed crocodiles crossing to get into the creek. I know there was no creek on Marhofer, but the side walk was gone and in place of it was a creek. As I rounded the corner, I all of a sudden was walking and I saw the strangest thing. There was an elephant battling a crocodile and it was winning. The elephant was using it's trunk as if it were a boa constrictor around the croc's neck. They were both making the worst noises I think that I have ever heard. It looked to be a fight to the death. The elephant was on its hind legs and holding the croc perpendicular to the ground with his belly facing out. It looked funny, but it was scary. Then I woke up.

4. I forgot how exhausting standing for 9 hours a day is. I'm beat when I get home from work, but I'm enjoying myself. We listen to great music and talk all day long. It beats waiting tables!

5. I get to go to Las Vegas for a week. There are three big fashion trade shows and we have to set up booths for them. I have gone before for work, but I've never stayed for strike, too. That means that I get two days free in Vegas and then I get to break down the shows when they are over. Two days by the pool, you can't beat that.

6. Karl Rove resigned!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm very curious if he was asked to resign or if he really does want to spend more time with the family. That seems to be the ready answer for anyone that resigns in any administration. He looked and sounded like he might cry when he made the announcement. With all his flaws, he is still a brilliant man (I'm sure a lot of people are having parties in celebration!)

7. The Colbert Report was not funny last night. We all have our off days, but it was unusually bad. Bad like Saturday Night Live bad. You know that kind of bad: the only person laughing is the guy on camera.

8. I saw Shakespeare in the Park on Saturday. The show was A Midsummer Night's Dream. It is free so I shouldn't complain too much, but it was the first time that I really didn't enjoy the show. I've tried to see as many of the shows I can and this one seemed oddly under rehearsed and poorly directed.

9. I start my musical theatre class on Thursday. I'm pretty excited.

10. I finished Philip Roth's Everyman this past weekend. It was kind of depressing. It takes you on this man's journey toward death. Basically, the book begins at his funeral and then it takes you back through his life from the perspective of his death. It was very interesting and thought provoking if you could get past the pages long tirades about the ailments afflicting the poor guy. I had previously read The Plot Against America, also written by Roth, and loved it.

No comments: