Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Ten On Tuesdays

Not sure if this came from Charissa or Marie, but nonetheless it makes it easier to write today. Basically its a top ten list of my thoughts for the day.
1. I need to call my super today. My kitchen sink has decided that cold water is not necessary.
2. I am going to Baltimore this weekend to visit Charissa. YEAH!!
3. I went to the ear, nose, and throat doctor yesterday. I have a deviated septum which basically means that colds turn into sinus infections and then decide to hang out with me for weeks. I'm on day 14 and I have to say being sick sucks! The antibiotics did help the ear infection, but I still have some lingering symptoms.
4. The Republican debate is on CNN tonight. As I don't have a TV, I think I might spend the evening at my boyfriend's apartment.
5. Odelle, my boyfriend, is an amazing cook. Since meeting him I have expanded my diet to include Jamaican food such as curry goat- YUM, and my favorite whole fried fish. Basically, the fish is fried whole (head and tail and scales) and you break it in half, pick out the big bones and then eat everything else. The first time I had it, I had to close my eyes before I could eat the eyes, but I have to say, they aren't squishy like you'd think. It's good.
6. I love the Brian Lehrer show. You can subscribe to the program on your ipod and I highly recommend it. It is a WNYC program on my local NPR station. He talks about politics, interviews very interesting people, and basically makes you feel smarter after listening.
7. I took some time off from waiting tables because it was trampling on my creative heart, but I'm not sure I have enough discipline to make really good use of my time.
8. I need to go to the gym today and put in at least an hour. Half an hour on cardio and then half an hour on weight training.
9. I need to get new headshots. Everyone is using color now and I'm still black and white. I hate the expense, but I need to realize that spending money for my career is an investment. Unfortunately, I'm still at heart a girl from Ohio who thinks 125 an hour is too much for a voice lesson and 1000 is too much to have someone take your picture. Jordan Matter is really good though.
10. We really need our government back in the hands of the people. The amount of money being thrown around is disgusting. I believe the Supreme Court was wrong to say money equals speech. That invariably says that some people have more ability for speech than others. Speech is free or at least it should be.

4 comments:

Marie said...

i have a friend that is a photographer-at ohio rates ;)

Jodi said...

Marie- are you purposely using smileys? Just curious. Thanks for the info, but I'm gonna use my guy and just suck it up.

Bill said...

i'm glad your getting some Jamaican food. I think everyone born should try it.

Next you should try peanut porridge. foreigners ussually never had that.

jpb2525 said...

I tried a whole fried fish once....didn't have the same experience you did. Needless to say, I won't be doing that again. Your list is, um...all over the place. I don't know how you stay in your head?!