Thursday, February 21, 2008

Government Expediency

Yes, the title of this blog is unbelievable, but more unbelievable is that in my case it is true. I mailed my passport renewal and name change in last Friday. I asked (and paid) for the expedited service because it can take up to six weeks to get a passport. I am going to Barbados in four weeks. Hence, the reason why I paid for the expedited service. Anyway, I was looking at my bank account online and noticed that the check for my passport has already been cashed. I thought, "There is no way they work that fast, but I guess they must process the check before they complete the task." I then headed to the US State department website to check the status of my passport application (It's cool that you can check up on them by providing a few details). Now, hold on to your seats...

My application has been processed and my new passport (with my new, old name) will be mailed on or before February 23. In less than a week which included a national holiday, our notoriously bogged down and bureaucracy ridden government processed and mailed my passport. I am amazed! Now let's see how the US Postal Service does...

3 comments:

jpb2525 said...

You are going to Barbados? Wow...such the world traveler! Vacation?

jpb2525 said...

and - oh! Wow....I am suprised they are moving that fast too! Actually, when Steve and I got ours 2 years ago, it only took 4 weeks (not expidited). I have to say at least one area of the govt Bush hasn't managed to F**K up.

Anonymous said...

wow whats the new old name and where is Barbados